MD/OD practice (Non-Profit) in Bakersfield, CA seeking Optometrist base salary $140K-$160K first year! Full benefits, Mon-Fri only!
MD/OD practice (Non-Profit) in Bakersfield, CA seeking Optometrist base salary $140K-$160K first year! Student loan forgiveness after 10 years – approved for the PSLF program.
A multi-specialty private medical/surgical practice focused on modern, full-service eye care is looking to for an optometrist. This well-established practice seeks a doctor to diagnose, manage, and treat conditions and diseases of the eye and visual system; as well as provide routine and comprehensive eye exams to the community.
One of the most popular nonprofit student loan forgiveness options is the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program. To be eligible for PSLF, you’ll need to work for 10 years at a qualifying employer – and this practice qualifies.
Bakersfield is centrally located to be about two hours from the beach, Los Angeles and Fresno. According to Google, the California Median Home Cost is $684,000. Bakersfield, CA Median Home Cost is less than half at $311,100. Reason is the city does not have the same income earning potential as surrounding areas. In turn, the housing demand is not as strong hence the prices are lower.
Bakersfield also enjoys a stunning 272 sunny days per year. The average temperature here almost always stays above 45 degrees, though the heat can crank up to the mid-90s at the height of Summer.”
Highlights of the practice opportunity are:
Responsibilities of the Optometrist (OD):
- OCT, Retinal Camera, Visual Field, etc.
- Diagnose ocular disease and vision disorders
- Perform comprehensive eye health and vision examinations
- Multiple techs and maybe a scribe
- Start out seeing 3-4 patients an hour
- Must be able to see kids, at least 2 years and older
- Perform basic eye exam in Spanish preferred
- Counsel patients regarding their vision needs
Benefits for the Optometrist (OD) position:
- Student loan forgiveness after 10 years – See PSLF program for details
- Work Monday – Friday, NO WEEKENDS!
- Health, Dental, Malpractice, Disability and CE, 401-K, AOA Dues
- $140K -$160K + Production Bonus
- W-2 Employee
Requirements of the Optometrist (OD):
- Doctorate of Optometry degree (OD)
- Prefer license to practice in the state of CA
- Excellent clinical and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
Job Code: CA-MG-4357
Make all inquiries directly through Katie Mares
Phone: (540) 491-9105
ETS Vision specializes in recruiting Optometrists and Ophthalmologists for top practices across the country. All conversations and inquiries are completely confidential. All fees are paid by the client (hiring/selling practice). If you are now or will be seeking an opportunity, send your resume/CV TODAY!#zr